Saturday, October 9, 2010

Laser Quest... Zap Zap!!!

Well, today I joined the Malaysian Singaporean Student Association (MASSA) event to go laser tagging, since it's a Friday and I just had my weekly quiz. Also my assignments and midterms are due next week, so... I ma go laser tagging lo. First time go there some more. Now for those that aren't familiar with laser tag, it pretty much the same as paint ball, minus the pain of course. 

So, once reached there, the 24 of us had to wait 25 minutes apparently since there were so many people playing also. So we chilled and talked around. When it was our turn, we were brought to a dark room, the guy there explained the rules and the players "Code of Honour". Made us sound like going to war only. Anyway, the equipment looks really simple, a vest with sensors blinking red and green at the front, back, shoulders and gun. Yes, there's a gun, a laser gun. Technology is so advanced these days. Hehe... and so, with the gear strapped on, we were unleashed into darkness, sort of. There's black light everywhere and the maze had trees and bushes that glowed. Thought that was kinda cool. So everybody holding their guns start shooting every sensor they see, since it is a free for all. I sucked at the free for all, one thing because I was feeling kinda uncomfortable with the gear. Another is that I still haven't gotten used to aiming properly. So I failed miserably in the first game. And also, when the first game was over, I was told by the guy in charge that I have my suit on backwards, kinda humiliating. Haha..

Scorecard for the first round. Ranked 20, fired 527 times and hit percentage is 6%

Next game, we split into 2 groups, 12 people each. My team was known as Hello Kitty (cute right? Haha) and the other team was team Kiasu (typical... ish ish..) So we strap on the gear, and this time, my sensor was blinking green only, indicating the teammates. No friendly fire here.. unfortunately. Haha.. just kidding. So we went in and went hunting. Since this is a team game, most of us huddled with each other, sort of like real infantry looking out for each other. But I kinda strayed from the pack and eventually went Rambo style. Also, in this round, I simply pulled the trigger every time, spamming the trigger so bad that my finger felt sore. I was thinking, since I can't aim, might as well increase the amount of 'bullets' I'm shooting, increasing the probability of the hitting my prey.. hehe.. Turns out, this strategy worked well, as I managed a much better score than the previous round. Set, my strategy is just to go crazy and shoot like siao lang. Too bad my team lost though, we didn't 'kill' enough people and we got 'killed' more.

Scorecard for second round. Ranked 2 (Hehe), fired 788 times, 7% hit percentage

Third round, same team, rematch! Chance for the Kitties to make the Kiasus lose kau kau. Hahahaha... I stuck to my usual strategy, ramboing all the way through. Shot a lot of people, and got shot a lot of times as well. The third game was more intense too, I walked more and pulled the trigger more. I switched hands and fingers a lot during that game. That's how much spamming I did to the gun. Feel kinda bad for the gun. Anyway, bang bang boom boom and there goes round 3. I realise that I did the 'shoot first, identify friend or foe later', so if you're my fellow friend during war, sorry mate! See ya later! Luckily there weren't any friendly fire. Third game, we won! Hurray~ So one apiece, we settled for a draw game. 

Scorecard for second round. Ranked 1 (Yippee!!), fired 813 times, 7% hit percentage

And that's the end of the laser tag experience. It sure was fun, but also tiring, hot, sweaty because of all the running. But it was definitely worth the 6 bucks per game cost. Definitely gonna come here again if there's another event like that. 

2 comments:

TabungU said...

glad you had a great time.... next aim more and dont be too trigger happy...or else you come out with a sore thumb...hahahahah

sulinn said...

wahhhh i never heard of this game before....sounds fun! I'll try to check this game out in my area