Friday, April 15, 2011

After some time, its good to write something

Its been a while since I wrote anything here *brushes off cobwebs* so thought I might wanna write about most of the stuff that happened in the past month or so, if I can remember it correctly. Also this is mostly because somebody *ahem* mom *ahem* is asking me to blog. Nothing much happened recently, except for a trip to sugar shack. Went there for dinner, look at all the maple trees, usual stuff that you do when you go somewhere to sightsee. But the food there is great, at least for me, cause its all pork, egg, pork, egg, pork, egg..~~

A sample of the food served there. There's pig lard, ham, bacon, potatoes and egg souffle. 

The food is nice in the sense that I don't usually eat these kind of things. The egg souffle is something new to me and I liked it cause its soft. Its like eating a cake, but in the back of your mind, you know its eggs. Yummy. The item that I was looking most forward to was the pig lard, because before this, a friend of mine *cough* Constance *cough* asked me to use google translate to translate its french name. So out of curiosity, I did and the result was... ear eff-ing. That took me totally by surprise and so I was wondering what it was before the meal. 

But the highlight of the meal for me is most definitely the dessert, pictured below. 

Some kind of pie. I forgot the name, but it is truly delightful to eat this. Don't mind the pie, its here just to steal some glory from the pie and thus lying in the shadows.

The pie.. is so good! The filling reminded me of kaya. Most people say that its sweet, but to me its just the right amount. I know I know, diabetes warning... but still.. its too good for me to pass it up. There was another dessert but I didn't really like it that much because I think its a bit too.. 'zai'. Stuffed? I'm not sure about the english equivalent. Oh and I forgot to add, all the foods above, you have maple syrup to cover it in, although personally, I think its better without the maple syrup. 

Well, with the exams around, this is as much as I can write. By the way,
Happy Birthday Ah Pa and Ah Ko!!! :)

1 comment:

Barton said...

that stuff looks delicious, you should post more often