Monday, April 8, 2013

Qing Ming Woes

Well, it was Qing Ming for Ah Pa's side, and can I just say that it had to be the worst Qing Ming occasion for me, even worse than the time when I had to go pang sai while up at the tombstone there. 

First of all, I woke up early (6.30am) which was unusual for me. Then, when we we're waiting for Beh Leh they all, sky was cloudy so should be a good sign cause it meant it was not going to be hot while we we're up there... right??

NOPE, once we got up to the tombstone, it started to drizzle a lil. Drizzle only ma, so never mind la. Then have to wait for the Apoo the TC (Tombstone Cleaner) to clear out the grass and pineapple plants. When he was almost finished, suddenly the rain poured. Pour and pour. According to Ah Pa, it is because Ah Choong did not come, so Poh Poh feel very sad. Haih.. So needless to say, heavy rainfall until we did not have the usual picnic with Kung Kung Poh Poh. The siu bak skin also lost its crispyness liao. And the paper offerings all wet, so cannot be burnt. Had to wait at the temple below until the rain subsided. 

After the rain stopped, Ah Pa and I went back to the tombstone to try and burn the offerings while Ah Mi and the others went to the next tomb. So about one third of the offerings are not burnt cause they were soaked, so once everything that can be burnt was gone, Ah Pa and I went back down. On the way down, I stepped on a branch and a smaller branch that sticked out from it penetrated my slipper and my foot. So now i know how it feels like to step on a nail.

There were no more incidents at the cemetery, until when we got out of the car for lunch later. One bird so cun cun pooped on my hand when I had my hand out to test for rain. Haiyoh... I look up, the birds are so tiny, so far and yet, my hand kena. Feels like I was holding out my hand for them to poop. Celaka mia birdie!!

Oh, and when I was walking to the coffee shop, suddenly I feel my slipper quite sticky. I looked down and saw a pool of blood there. Why my toe was bleeding, I have no idea. Might be the pineapple plants that were chopped down by Apoo come back for revenge and poked my toe because the would is only a small dot.

So this year... may not be a good year for me. Gotta be more careful during the hantu season! 

4 comments:

Keith said...

when it rains, it pours! don't worry about it, just spring back up fwighting!

mun said...

i thought kung kung poh poh trying to buang suey for you...

or maybe just trying to tell you fat dy so shouldn't picnic :p

Renaissance said...

'Buang sui' for the whole year!!!! Now good luck shud 'kun kun lai' Yay!!!! But of course, must work hard too......

Renaissance said...

hahahaha were not able to read ah che's comment till now. hahahaha telling him no picnic or trying to tell whole gang no picnic??? huh? huh? huh? hehehehehe