Friday, July 18, 2008

Start Of Something New...

Its been a while now and I finally decided to start a blog. Phew, sure is tough to start something since this has been put off for like a year or so. And when I come to think about it, I have this habit to put things off. Finally it dawned on me about what my mother has always been saying to me which I so strongly deny, that I am a true blue procrastinator... or in her words in hokkien, "lu chin jia gao chien (eh lo)!!!"
As I sit (or lie) here typing this blog, it made me think... what made me want to stall for time? Was it because the work that had to be done is awfully hard? Was it because I had other important things to do? Was it because...? So many was it because questions that all had the same answer... NO. It was not because of any of that. It was just because I was lazy! Too lazy to move an inch, because I was kinda like hoping for it to just pass. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. However, on occasions that it did, I remembered feeling pretty bad, cos it was after all, my job and therefore was mine to finish.
As I went through college with this behaviour/attitude, I found that I got into a whole lot of trouble because of this. Assignments being rushed, homeworks done in a slipshod way... it's a wonder that I manage to graduate from college. Still it is not until now that i finally realize that this kind of life cannot go on... that it will eventually come around and bite me back in the ass...
So now would be the best time to discard this habit and start afresh... hopefully it ain't too late...
"Its is never too late... unless you are standing still, not progressing..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg.....you're not procastinating anymore.....must be ur fever dat changed u le.....wakakak jkjk.... (gua pun satu...blog abandoned...yay, now can revive back.)

soraz said...

bah..O.o...finally..kuang yao with a blog and not merely playing games everyday...^^