Thursday, January 27, 2011

Clubbing

Yup, I tried Montreal's night life. And to be honest, its not my kind of thing. Not my cup of tea. No siree.

The idea of going out for a drink is not new to me, in fact, I enjoy it.
The idea of going out to dance in a club is new to me, but I have a feeling that I will not enjoy it.
So... the idea of going out for a drink and dancing, it combines two things, a plus and a minus. So I thought why not right?

Turns out, the minus overweighs the plus by a mile. It wasn't that enjoyable after all. Well, I'll just say why I don't like it, then judge me as you will

The night started out fine. Lining up in front of the club in the winter was fine since we had on jackets and stuff, pity the ladies though, dress only. It was fun to watch the ladies shiver in the cold winter night. And then, once I got in, I found myself standing in a dimly lit place, the norm for clubs. I was fine with that. Turns out, we were a lil too early, nobody was there yet. So we ordered drinks and waited for people to come. Until then, it was still fine. Then people started coming, and the music started. Oh god, that's when things took a turn for the bad, the music was too loud for my preference, way louder than what I had expected. The bass was booming so loud that my chest felt like it was about to explode any time soon. Then of course there's the dancing. I didn't dance much, mind you. I know I have two left feet. At that time, I was thinking, what the hell is and introvert like myself doing in a club? 

So in the club, I went to doing the thing I enjoy doing when I have nothing in common with the crowd. People watching. There was a whole lot of people. Everybody was rubbing everything with everybody, which I know is something normal out here but I'm still not used to it. I don't know whether you would call this a culture shock or not, I'm just not used to it. I'm not disgusted or anything, just not used to seeing it. My rational mind was saying, its alright la, these people might be friends, who knows right? And so, the rubbing (they call it grinding for some reason) continued on and on and I watched as the guy was getting a lil touchy. Everybody was a lil high and feelings of lust were very apparent. But the juiciest part of the night was when the guy and the girl started going at it, and to those that don't understand the meaning, they were slobbering all over each other. Now that's a show for everyone to see I'll bet. Was kinda weird to see a whole bunch of people crowding around two people making out but hey, what the heck right? Haha... Could be friends (with benefits ^^) or strangers. 

With the music continuing, a pair making out, and others grinding anybody and everybody, that was when I decided that it would be the last time I went to a club, for anything. This occasion was apparently for charity, something about helping Pakistan and it was organized by UNICEF McGill, with my friend being one of the execs. That's why I went. It was a not so good experience, I wouldn't classify it as a downright bad experience but it wasn't good either. Either way, I can honestly say, I experienced Montreal's night life at least once and I definitely hated it.

4 comments:

Huey Wen said...

wah.so cham. i never try before. i sumore thought want drag u teman me once. ekeke. I don't think i will like it from the way u describe it.. >.<

John RandomBlogger Brook said...

I think m8 that you had a bad experience but its not always like that.. I dont like clubbing either but I think it depends on the club??.. I mean If you dont like loud bassy music there are other clubs that caiter for your tastes..

Once you find a nice club you like you, you might look at clubbing differently..

Haritha said...

it was great reading your blog!good work...and honestly i hate clubbing:)

sulinn said...

Hmmm I see...I was thinking of trying it after finals to see what's it like...but i Doubt i will like it it too.