Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mexico!!!

Yesh! I went, and came back during my one and half winter break there. Feel so good to leave the cold snowy winter in Montreal and enjoy the sun in Mexico. Reason for going to Mexico is... one, to run away from winter (main reason); two, most people were planning South America; three, ... well actually, there's only two. Was hoping for a three, cause the old saying is good things come in threes isn't it? Or is it twos? Oh well, I have two, so let's just leave it at that.

A one week trip to Mexico, one week of beaches, ruins, sun, rain (not snow.. lol), erm.. what else? Oh ya, food. Hehehehe... one week of seafood and tacos!
Heh, after mentioning food sure must show pic la. Seafood buffet, 1st meal

Of course, not everything in Mexico is about the food. There's also places to see, like downtown Mexico, nothing very interesting there actually.. lol, that's why there isn't any pictures. There's also sandy beaches,
Yes, that's me, look at the hairdo, some say its Wolverine's, some say its Bezita from DragonBall. You be the judge.

Most of the beaches in Cancun are privated, owned by the hotels that lines up by the beach, and the only way to access it is through it. So even though the beach is public, the way to access those beaches require one to trespass into private property, so basically, we're pretty screwed if we wanna go to the beach. Thankfully, some hotels' security ain't that bad and we were able to sneak into the beaches and sneak out. 

Also, apparently tequila is famous in Mexico, don't ask me why, they just are. And their favourite beer is Corona, light beer, a lil too gassy for me. And of course, if your country is famous for tequila, might as well show this.
For those of you who can't read the sign, it says, "I can Has CheezBurger?" No, I'm just joking, it is the world's largest tequila collection.

And I did mention tacos earlier right? Here's a sample of the tacos that I had while in Mexico. Seeing as I am not a taco fan and never occasionally had a taco or two, I can't compare this taco eating experience with a past one, although the reviews for the tacos that we had were superb on the Internet.
The tacos that I had. Mostly pork, with cheese and one of them has flour tortilla.

After the beaches and eating, the ruins are not to be forgotten. The ruins were at first the basis for the whole going to Mexico thing, so to not visit the ruins would make the trip incomplete. Along the way, the van that we took stopped by a souvenir shop, letting us shop around.
Like this chess set. Never took a fancy for them, because I couldn't really differentiate all the pieces. All in all, every pieces looks like a block of stone, with different carvings.

And yes, the great temple of the Mayan ruins. Gotta take a photo there. Apparently, tourists were allowed to go up the stairs until 5 years ago, when somebody fell down those stairs and died. So after that, we can only see it from ground level. Sheesh~ one guy falls and ruins it for the rest of us.
Yes, that's me, and yes, I got fat. 'nuff said.

We got a tour guide to explain it to us also, about the buildings, what they were used for, how old are they, history of the Mayans, etc.
Yup, that's our tour guide. Favourite phrase, "Alright my friends..."

After the ruins, well, we pretty much saw everything that we wanted. We saw the beaches, we saw the ruins, we ate the food. We also went snorkelling, which to me, ain't that nice after my Redang trip. The fishes were dull looking. However, we did see stingrays, big ones, live ones, the ones that can kill. LoL, just joking.

And one final picture, two girls went to get their hair braided. After that, they were known as the predator sisters. Here's a look of the hair one completed. Looks a bit like some pattern on a soccer ball.

Last note of the trip, 7 out of the 9 people that were on the trip suffered diarrhoea, stomach cramps(?) headaches. The trip was fun for me since I'm not one of the nine. Heh~

That's all about the trip. AdiĆ³s! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are not one of the nine? oklor, u r not one of us. :P
hooray!!! at last u updated ur blog!!!

Zer0 said...

Your blog came up next to mine! And I've just got back from Mexico myself, what a coincidence - I just had to post!

The food there is amazing isn't it?!

Zer0