Monday, January 17, 2011

Continuation of the Dream Journal

Yes, dreams #3 and #4 came about during and after my Mexico trip respectively. I was too lazy to blog about them until recently I have the STBS (Short Term Blogging Spirit). So here it goes:

Dream #3
The dream started out in a dark corridor. I heard water dripping. I thought I was underground, might be in the sewers for all I know, but the ground was dry. Weird...

Anyway, I was looking for a way out of there when I heard the sound of mice. Chit chit chit... and they were running towards me. I panicked and started running, running as fast as I could. But then I tripped and fell, face down, and soon after, the rats were all on top of me. As a last resort, I sort of jumped, worm-style. 

That's when I woke up, on the bed in a hotel in Chichen-Itza, Mexico. Luckily for me and unluckily for the two guys sleeping next to me, since I slept in between them that night, I gave them quite a shock. Imagine... an overweight guy suddenly jumping while sleeping, and landing back on the bed, creating shockwaves on the bed. Hehehehe...


Dream #4
Dream #4 came when I first came back from Mexico. My dream started out with me in a classroom. Around me were all these student also, but they were all looking very gloomy and sad. I didn't know why until I went out of the classroom. If you thought that there was a lecture going on, nope, there's none. And for your information, in my dream, there were no lectures. It was more of a self study thing I think. Nevertheless, I went out of the classroom and eventually found the computer room. The room was a tiny room with a lot of computers, but hardly any space. And there was a security guard there. Kinda makes you wonder, what is a security guard doing at a computer room. Protecting those computers?

Turns out, the security guard is there to make sure we don't use the computer except for academic purposes. No Facebook, no email, just Google and the likes. And there was also a time limit, one hour. After the hour, the security guard will shoo you away. For some reason, when I was in there, I had a notebook on the table, but the security guard came and took my notebook. He took it and began to read its contents, which even I don't know. When I was dreaming this, I kept thinking, I need to take notes in that book, when is he giving it back? Grr... When he was finished, he told me, "Time's up, let's go". HAR?!? Never mind...

After that, I decided to leave campus and go out for a walk, don't know why, just walked. When I stepped out, I saw that the whole campus is surrounded by a jungle, basically, we're in a very very very rural university. There's a small path connecting the university to the main road, which makes me wonder how I got to know of this place in the first place. Anyway, as I was dreaming, apparently I was hungry because the next second I know, I was in a hawker centre, eating wan tan mee. I must have been itching to eat wan tan mee for a long time without noticing. Then there was the walk back to the campus after the meal, which kinda reminds me of the road in Pokok Assam, on the way to Ah Kong's house.

After a while, I find myself in the midst of a ceremony, a graduation ceremony. Not mine, but older students. I looked at the stage and saw a comedy act between two guys, one guy making a lame statement and the other guy hitting him with a paper fan. Kinda like those comedy acts in Japanese anime. After that, it was time for the handing of the scrolls, and I saw just two, that's right, two people, going up, graduating. Now that kinda shocked me a little because the graduation hall was packed, almost 300 people I would presume. But only 2 people got the paper. Sure is kinda weird to have almost 300 people looking at 2 people graduating but still, my dreams are always weird. Heh. Suddenly, I heard a bell ring, like those in secondary school last time. That was when I suddenly woke up.

Kinda bizzare to have two totally unrelated dreams in a span of one week. One involving escaping from mice and another involving some weird university life. The mice dream, I know where it came from, because that night, the movie, "The Green Mile" was on the television and there was a scene where a mouse was killed, being stepped on. The mice was flat and there was blood around it. So that dream might come from that scene. As for the weird university life dream, I still have no idea where that dream came from. Still thinking.. Heh

2 comments:

Huey Wen said...

=)
Ur dreams so weird keh. I long didnt didnt dream dy. But when i dream, they are mostly nightmare. =(
But its always good to know its a dream when you awake from weird/scary dreams.. hehe..for me la.. =p

Keith said...

I know where your second dream comes from, and quite frankly it makes me a little sad.

On another note, you brought back some sweet nostalgia when you mentioned ah kong's house. Man I missed those days.

I have to say you remember your dreams quite vividly. Enough to write a blog post about it. I find that amazing about you!

Will not see you this Chinese New Year, but if I forget to wish you, (I'm most probably pigging out on bak kua) don't forget to have a happy CNY over there~